As part of our expanded offering we are introducing our Back to Hockey programme for the 2017 – 2018 season.
Back to Hockey caters for those new to hockey, not able to commit to weekends or regular team hockey, who are moving to London during the season or getting back from injury.
It is a great platform to get more people into hockey who would otherwise not necessarily have the opportunity to join hockey clubs in London during the regular winter season. Having seen an increased demand since the London Olympics and the success of Back to Hockey programmes elsewhere we felt this would add a fantastic dimension to our offering as a young hockey club.
We would especially like to invite parents of our junior members to take up this opportunity to join our playing force in a relaxed atmosphere. If we are not able to offer you regular team hockey due to lack of space we do encourage you to sign up to our Back to Hockey programme as we intend to offer any playing opportunities during the season to Back to Hockey members first.
We aim to provide a great hockey experience for all; from beginners to very experienced players with a variety of drills and small sided matches. It will be in a mixed environment where the focus is on having a good run out and fun at the same time. We will start with one session per week but have the capacity to run two weekly sessions if the demand is there at which time we will also look at the set up again.
Back to Hockey (BTH) details
- Weekly sessions run from Wednesday 27 September to Wednesday 28 March 2018, Christmas break after 6 December until 2 January 2018
- Every Wednesday from 20.30 – 22.00 at Crystal Palace NSC
- Coached by two (level 2) experienced coaches who also coach many of our senior and junior teams
- Skills training and small sided matches
- Come along as often (or few times) as your schedule allows, it is completely flexible!
- BTH membership will be 75 pounds which gives you access to all BTH winter sessions
We will consider running the Back to Hockey programme year round once the regular season is underway and potentially add a BTH summer membership to the mix.
Interested in Back to Hockey and would you like to find out more? Get in touch with our Membership Administrator who will be able to answer any questions you may have.
For more information about our all our Membership options please visit our Membership Fees page.
Looking forward to welcoming you to London Wayfarers Hockey Club!